Thursday, January 05, 2006

Nothin' Up My Sleeve!



Ok Kids,
Here it is, my first entry into the "Steve's Stuff" blog.
It's January 4, 2006, and the New Year is looking good so far!
We've been visiting the family and have already been to 3 temples!
We went to the one today, in Monzen Nakacho, that we go to every year and brought our old daruma and other implements of good luck and fortune and left them at the temple. We then walked a few steps over to another window and bought more of the same things for this year. We also bought some "Omamori's", Japanese good luck charms. We bought one for Claire for good luck in starting first grade this year and one for Julia with a picture of "Hello Kitty" on it (Nothing like character marketing at the temple) which is for general good luck, Shigee got one for Driving Safety, and when I saw one that I thought looked cool I asked Shigee what it was for and she said, "Safe Driving AND Driving away evil spirits!" I got that one! BONUS! (Hmmmm can I now start a service to safely drive away evil spirits?)
Well, that's it for now. Glad we're all here together.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Here's wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2006!
Steve

Don't forget to check out the latest edition of Rubber Chicken Radio with my special guests: newspaper journelist and blues enthusiast Kevin Wood, and university professor and poet Jesse Glass.

3 Comments:

Blogger RePercussion said...

Ummmm.....


WEASEL....

2:53 PM  
Blogger RePercussion said...

Hey.... I just remembered something...
After you take pictures with your new camera...be careful how ya unplug it...

I hope I have reached ya in time....



ya weasel

4:39 PM  
Blogger the rev. said...

any chance of a second entry in this slick looking blog thang?

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home